Saturday, October 15, 2005

Fun Fun Fun and Texas Again!

Hello friends,


Well we had a very uptight customs officer on the way down that after staring at us for 10 minutes asking the same questions over and over then sent us to a little room where they were nicer but asked us the same questions again and then went through our luggage. In the end they decided we were doing nothing wrong and let us go. Bizarre!


So we landed around 4ish and drove close to the home where we will be staying to have dinner at this fabulous Mexican Restaurant. The salsa was divine, the fajitas were marvelous and the company was great so all around an very good meal and I think we both managed not to over eat shockingly enough as there was plenty of leftover food.


Sadly I have no picture to post with this blog. I had thought (while we were in the little room at the side and I was feeling dizzy) "hey I should ask those custom agents to pose for a photo and explain it's for our Blog" but then thought better of it while envisioning them taking us into yet another room with torture instruments or something. Ahh how the mind does wonder sometimes!!!


In other news about 10 days ago I was bitten or stung by I don’t know what on my arm. I noticed it due to the amount of pain it was causing and it’s rapidly increasing size. The first day it was about the size of a blue berry under the skin but by day 2 became the size of a peach pit and really hurt. Well now it is back down to the size of a pea so it is going. If any of you see a bug of some kind with a little piece of my arm hanging out of it’s mouth….. KILL IT!!!!! Thanks.


Well love to you all and please! Leave a comment so I know you were here!

4 comments:

Adele said...

I was wondering where you two lovelies were! hurrah for Texan food and boo for nasty bugs chewing on you. Must be cos you always look so tasty!

How weird about the customs officer...and feeling dizzy. Hmmmm....imagine Carol raising an eyebrow.
Much grace to you for this trip....I imagine it's going to be a show stopper!

Love you lots,
Adele
xx

Anonymous said...

Trae was here.

Charlene said...

Hey there...I am sad that I missed you while you were in my country...no, not the US..my country of Texas. I have skype, but have not seen you logged on since I have had it...does it work?


Love you both-
Char

Anonymous said...

I began to salivate when reading your description of the salsa at that mexican restaurant. it's 9:30am and i've just showered afer my run... all i want is salsa. so i am going to go make some.