The two comments that made me laugh the hardest were.....
My brother-in -law Ben commenting on how Mum had invited 2 girls to join us for Christmas dinner. I casually inquired as to where we would have room to seat them to which Ben replied. "Oh I don't know but that table is like the Millennium Falcon it has storage bits and things that swing out everywhere. Sorry but it made me laugh... perhaps I am delirious with exhaustion!
Next one was Charis (who is Alyn's sister and Married to Ben) recounting for us at the dinner table something that had happened a few nights before. They had gone to bed not realizing that the baby monitor was still on in their room and broadcasting downstairs. In addition, the lighting in that room is not conducive to feeding babies and putting them back to bed so Charis being inventive discovered that placing her underwear (known as "pants" in the UK) over the light shade gave just enough dimming for said venture. So what was heard over the monitor? Charis saying to Ben... "Ben can you take my pants off I think they are going to catch fire!" Oh how we laughed!
3 comments:
both funny.
laugh away, exhausted one.
The pants one got me!
Very nice! LoL!
and this, ladies and gentlemen, is why one day i shall live in the UK!!
I just don't know if this would be as funny without the visualization of the accent.
...at least in my head!
Post a Comment