Your prayers are having an effect!!!
Here is an update from Holly about how Jessie's week as been! Thanks so much for praying I really appreciate you all.
I usually don't go into such detail about her battle with diabetes and arthritis, but I felt the LORD leading me to share her struggles with you so that you would really begin to pray for her this week. Her arthritis has been getting progressively worse, spreading to many joints in her body. She woke up Sunday morning with what sounded like the beginning of an respiratory infection -- one of the chief concerns and possible side effects of ENBREL. (the latest of three medications that she is taking for her arthritis) It really scared me - that's when I sent the email.) That's the e-mail I posted on this site
Sunday evening at the dinner table Jessica said, "Look." She curled her fingers into nearly perfect fists (She hasn't been able to make a fist in more than two years with her right hand.) and started bending her wrists back and forth. "They don't hurt!" she announced. And there was no sign of a cough or any infection. (You'd been praying for 7 hrs)
Monday: We used the hot mitts on her hands before she woke up. And when she woke up she was hurting and as usual, needed to soak her feet to relieve the stiffness so that she could go to school. But she took her midterms and could hold her pencil the whole time without having to take a break (24hrs)
Tuesday: She only soaked her feet for a little while and her hands were just mildly stiff. She took two more midterms with little or no pain. (48 hrs)
Wednesday: She did not need to soak her feet. They simply did not hurt. Her hands felt fine too! (72 hrs)
Thursday: Feeling well. And her blood sugar levels have been good too. (96 hrs)
Friday: She didn't hurt. (120hrs)
Saturday: No hot mitts, no feet soaking - and sweet little fists, no pain!
Please keep praying for Jessie and also for my sister and her husband Bob. Bob is still in Hospital having had to have his knee rebuilt. Susan is staying at Mom's but her face has swollen a lot more and she is having difficulty eating so she is just drinking things from the blender right now. It seems the inside of her mouth has a bunch of small cuts in it as well which is making things difficult. Thanks for your prayers guys!!!
4 comments:
AJ-
That is AWESOME about Jessica and I will continue to pray for her and for your sister and Bob. Please tell Holly that I said "hello" as well. You have GREAT Cousins...as you know.
Char
Wow that is so cool! I can't believe what Jessica normally has to go through - that is not right! Continuing to pray for complete healing!
Love,
A
xx
a bit teary-eyed.
believing for full & miraculous health.
GO GOD!
Thanks for all your prayers it is obviously working!!
Much love,
AJ
Post a Comment