
Well Good day to you!
I know I have not updated in at least a week and I profusely apologize! I tried resting and managed to rest for a whole day on Thursday last week and then life came crashing back in! So what have I been doing? Well let's see.....
Last Sunday was the Christmas family lunch which is always good fun if you like cold turkey and great company.
Monday Night was the Staff Christmas Party for TACF which was great fun and great food and I won..... during the raffle ..... a.... wait for it..... Yep, you guessed it nothing! Squat! Zilch! Nada! (Not that I am bitter of course.... I didn't win last year either and I managed to make it through the Christmas season!!! :-)

Tuesday we went to the lovely wedding of Mr. and Mrs. Bill Fish (perhaps I shall include a picture so you can see how fab the looked!
Wednesday I think we tried to rest again but I can't remember.... Oh wait we went and had an incredible meal cooked by the gorgeous and talented Lynley Allan and then played cards and hung out until Alias came on at 10 pm.... hello 10pm is to late to watch Alias at ABC! I hope you are reading my blog Mr. ABC and taking corrective measures!
Thursday I dropped off many Pictures around the GTA and then came back home to eat a lovely meal cooked by the incredibly handsome Alyn Jones Chef Extraordinaire! A Peanut satay with veggies on Rice .... yes that's right I got a good one ladies!!!

Friday consisted of sleeping in and then a lovely lunch with Trish Henderson (soon to be Lazar), dropping off more photos to Aurora and then helping Carol and Vicki with tree decoration and such festivities! (Really I just pranced about singing Christmas carols in weird voices but it was fun anyway!). Then we went and saw Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. It was fabulous and that is all I will say so as not to ruin it for those you have not seen it yet!
Saturday I had a Photoshop lesson with Sarah Nickling and then headed home to get ready for the ballet! We saw "The Nutcracker" which was my Birthday present from Alyn. (Please see Alyn's blog for amusing thoughts on the ballet).
Sunday (Otherwise known as today) we went to prophetic Pres before the service and then sang carols at church. Steve preached an awesome message on “responding to God” and then we had Vietnamese with Stuart and Lynley, Sarah D. and us two. We then came home and I stayed and rested while Alyn went and did Christmas shopping with Stu. Tonight I baked cookies and helped a bit more with Carol's tree and now we are headed to bed.......
Man that was a long update! Hope you made it through!
5 comments:
Um, love... isn't doesn't the term "satay" denote that it was a peanut sauce. So a peanut satay sounds a bit like a ham hamburger, or a lemon lemonaide? For the record, it was a chicken satay I made on basmati rice with crushed cashew nuts with a fresh spring onion garnish. And there weren't any vegetables, just pan fried red peppers in with the chicken.
Not to picky or anything... :-)
Um, okay so the first line shouldn't read "isn't doesn't" it should read "doesn't" and it should have a question mark at the end too.
Oh and the last line should read, "Not to be picky or anything".
Serves me right for trying to be smart this early.
Not to be picky or anything...
all in the spirit of 'not being picky' ...
peanut satay would be the equivalent of beef hamburger (cuz there ain't actually any ham in your average Canadian burger)
and it all sounds lovely & delicious. when my husband cooks we get pizza ...
but he's very good at other things (now don't let your mind wander ...)
How could you even think for one second that we would barely make it through your latest posting? I lapped it up....and also (without boasting, Shannon) I could have kept going for longer.
Does sound like a crazily busy week though.....I hope you will be able to find another day or so to lie in a darkened room with a wet flannel on your face. (Calm down, Shannon).
Love, Adele!
Thank you so much for posting pictures of the wonderful Fish wedding!!!
I've been dying to see what it all looked like!
And now, I have a small glimpse into the eventful day!
Good pictures by the way, did you take them???
Post a Comment