Here we have a comparison of the two ways of fishing. The Kiwi style is to put raw squid on a little hook and then dangle it in the water until they bite it and "try to walk away with it" and then you quite simply pull it up out of the water. The only problem is that they don't come out of the water they let go! Between Adele, Alyn and I over a period of an hour and a half we caught the grand total of "0" prawns but lost most of our bate and fed the shrimp really well the clever little sea creatures!

Now in this second example of prawn fishery activity (The Aussie's call them yabbies) we see that progress has it's rewards! Yes, that right ladies and gentlemen we had quite the feast that day!


Well Ladies and Gentlemen in the well known sport of Prawn fishing I have to say I think the Aussie's have the right idea.
I have to say however that for natural beauty NZ wins from what I have seen. I really like Australia but NZ is really great and gorgeous where most of what we have seen of Australia is sun scorched!
No comments:
Post a Comment