Sunday, April 02, 2006

Things I have learned is Australia…

Well ladies and gentlemen I have plenty of pictures to share with you however we are t a house that only has dial up so they will have to wait. In the mean time I have much information that you may find helpful when next you travel in Australia.



The first peace of information is brought to you courtesy of the Adelaide International Airport. When Alyn went to the washroom in the customs hall he saw a sign something to this effect “Adelaide Airport uses recycled water to flush the toilet, please don’t drink it”. I for one was so thankful for the information. Imagine being incredibly thirsty and heading into the bathroom for a good slurp of the local toilet water after a long flight and then finding out afterwards that it was recycled…. Um does anyone else want to know what would possess you to drink the toilet water in the first place? Well never mind it made me laugh.



Next useful piece of info came in the realization that many of the “good” restaurants seem to be attached to local gas stations. They are an efficient lot these Aussies… get your cigarettes at 18 dollars a pack, your gas and eat your meal and you are off! Apparently Aussies like Kiwis don’t eat out much but when they do the gas station seem like the most appetizing place to eat food.



Last little bit of info for today is Kangaroos are strange little creatures! We saw a few in a “wild life park” in Bordertown. The “park” is really a rectangular fenced in area and that’s about it but let’s talk about this strange animal. My first thought on seeing one was wow that little one really looks like “Roo” from Winnie the Pooh. Yes, yes I can hear you thinking Ummm AJ that may be because “Roo” is a Kangaroo! Well I eventually made that mental jump (if you will pardon the pun) and realized that important fact thankfully before my mouth mentioned the similarities to the people I was with! So in a small way Kangaroos kind of look like tall, ugly rabbits without the long ears! We will load some photos when we have signal strong enough to do it!



Have a great day! (Please hear that in your head in an Aussie accent as I am really enjoying them!)

3 comments:

sc@vp said...

Oh, come on! You haven't ever drank out of a toilet bowl in a public washroom?!

Anonymous said...

Dogs seem to enjoy it...maybe it's for the dogs who can read..and fly...you never know :)

Andrew G said...

i've heard that morning urine is good for your skin