Monday, January 15, 2007

Stats anyone......

Well here it is our Anniversary yet again... man how time flies when you are having fun!



Alyn put together some stats from last year so I thought I would share them for those that don't make it to his blog very often.



Here goes....



"Oh home I miss you!


I especially miss you because yesterday I worked out how many days we were away from you. Wait for it. Last year, out of the 365 days that were available to us, we were away for 209 of those. Yes we were home for a whopping 156 days (and thus qualifying for OHIP - Ontario's health care program). If you include time away and days we ministered while home in Ontario that kicks it up to 238 days.


But that's not even remotely terrifying until you add in the flight statistics. Yes I admit that like my brothers Colin Haxton and Andrew Quinn I quite like a good spreadsheet every now and then. Nothing quite like the anal retentive filling in of spreadsheets to find out how sad you are. And now that I have quantified how sad I am, let's look at the numbers.


For 2006 the numbers look like this:


Total Flights: ...
80


Total Miles Flown: ...
108,999


Total Bonus Miles* ...
51,425


% Miles in 1st Class ...
60%


% Intl. Upgrades from AC** ...
95%


Time with Bum in Seat... ...
287 hours 43 minutes


...in consecutive 24 hour periods ...
11 days & nights


...if working a 9-5 job*** ...
over a month


* Bonus Miles that Air Canada gave us for free because we flew with them.


** Air Canada were nice enough to upgrade us on every international flight we flew except one leg - thanks AC!


*** I couldn't work out how to say this concisely but basically if you were to have a 9-5 job of just sitting in an airoplane seat and doing nothing else, then you'd have to do that for 35 days in a row to match the same number of hours that we flew last year."

3 comments:

Ash said...

Hey AJ and Alyn,

Happy Anniversary!

You guys are awesome!

Love Ash x

Adele said...

Those stats make me want to cry! how on earth do you do it? At least we profited by 2 visits from you!

Happy anniversary!

Tiff said...

Hey that is amazing i dont know how you guys do it. But the Lord has really blessed you and He is continueing to pour that out.
Tiffany (Grand Rapids, MI)