Hello wonderful people.... well this won't be as exciting as Adele's blogs with her sheer wittiness or Shannon's with all the pictures of cute children, but here it is lady's and gentlemen..... wait for it....... your important medical fact of the day.....
This is what my chiropractor was worried about it's called cellulitis and is actually quite serious!
Overview
Cellulitis (sel-u-LI-tis) is a potentially serious bacterial infection of your skin. Cellulitis appears as a swollen, red area of skin that feels hot and tender, and it may spread rapidly.
Skin on the face or lower legs is most commonly affected by this infection, though cellulitis can occur on any part of your body. Cellulitis may be superficial — affecting only the surface of your skin — but cellulitis may also affect the tissues underlying your skin and can spread to your lymph nodes and bloodstream.
Left untreated, the spreading bacterial infection may rapidly turn into a life-threatening condition. That's why it's important to recognize the signs and symptoms of cellulitis and to seek immediate medical attention if they occur.
Well I saw Dr. Fligg today and he is happy with the progress that the-bruise-that-ate-Manhattan is making and thinks it should be fine. It is still there but seems to be slowly getting smaller. However today when he looked at it he decided it needed some massaging to help it on it's way. Unfortunately I was laying on my front with suction cups on my back sending currents through my muscles so I couldn't get to him when he started massaging a bruise! Who does that I ask you? Oh and not even lightly either. Apparently the muscles and tendons in the area are suffering some sort of harm and nothing rejuvenates those sort of things like a bruise massage! I think we are both really lucky I was laying on my front and couldn't reach him because it was so darn painful. I was wondering if I was going to pass out or throw up the whole time, and plotting my revenge to make myself think of something beside the pain and his chipper voice explaining in detail his torture methods and what they are good for.... bad Dr. Fligg, Bad!
3 comments:
I'm pretty sure if you went to a chiropractor with a REAL NAME (as opposed to that of a muppet's), you wouldn't have these experiences ...
word ver: wlbjtdu ("what would Jesus do" on crack)
YIKES! That sounds, er, pretty darn dangerous. So he's happy that it's not all rushing around your immune system causing havoc? Not that I doubt the Fligg but I'd like to be 100% that you are ok...despite having the most painful massages of your life.
YIKES AND DOUBLE YIKES.
(p.s thanks for the ref to me as 'witty'...this causes me to wonder..do you actually read my blog?...I talk about hoovering and the big 'V'!!!)
D- hold Adele's hand while she pushes out your child and then you can have the second most painful experience of your life!
S- word ver; Ok let's face it you KILL me!
A- I do read your blog and every time you post I am there with bells on.... you are witty to the core Adele, witty to the core!
Post a Comment