I got to the hospital about 4:20 am with contractions being between 4 to 5 minutes apart. By 8 am they were 2 minutes apart lasting 45 seconds but i was only 2 cm dilated. After 2 hours of those very strong contractions they checked again and I was still only 2 cm dilated and it was at this point that I decided that drugs are my friend! So we ordered an epidural. After receiving the lovely drugs which were my friend through the rest of the day we endeavored to rest and sleep. I couldn't sleep though as the ward was a little noisy and I think I was to wired. We started pushing around 5 pm and at around 8 pm the doctor said she felt I was getting to tired to keep pushing and asked if she could help me get our little package out. So she grabbed a little suction cup thingie and with the next set of 3 pushes out came our little girl!
She was 6 pounds 4 ounces and had a little cone head! (It has since gone down so no alien comments please!). Because she is 5 weeks early there are a few things they are watching for so she is in the NICU for a few days.
So her name is.... drum roll please.... Zoƫ Abigail Jones (but we will call her Abigail) was born at 8 pm on April 18th, 2007.
Prayer requests:
For Abigail:
- That her lungs get nice and strong.
- That her tone comes into line.
- That she feeds well and latches properly.
For Me:
- That swelling goes down and stitches heal nicely
- For energy
Go to Alyn's Blog for a bit more info
7 comments:
Congratulations to the three of you, well done AJ and Alyn!
AJ, at least you won't have to worry about being bored anymore :-)
CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!!
I'm sure you little doll is incredibly gorgeous, but because curiosity gets the better of us, Lee and I will be glued to our computers until Alyn posts some pictures.
Awesome job A.J.! You are now officially a Superhero!
I'm so excited for you guys and your sweet bundle of loveliness
Yes you are definitely a superhero; what with the intense contractions so close together and for so long...and the lengthy pushing process...WOAH. You are amazing! So glad your gorgeous girlie is here....and according to my sources on the ground (Sarah) as cute as a button! Of course she is.
Love her name - Zoe Abigail Esmeralda Jones.
Perfect.
Praying for you 3.
xx
CONGRATS GUYS!!!
Sarah and I are totally praying! I pray she is a complete joy to you both!!!
Oh MY.... Congratulations! I can't believe you are a.... MOM!! I bet she is beautiful! You are in my prayers friend. Remember to tell her about her aunt Charlene...she will want to hear I am sure!
Love ya,
Char
congrats! well done, she is beautiful. Love the perfect split she does...and Zoe was my favorite name but i guess you got it first...all our love and prayers.
lis and sven
PS: it won't let us post on alyn's blog.
Congratulations x a million! I'm so happy and excited for you guys and will definitely be praying for you all :) and I love her name!
Post a Comment