Monday, April 16, 2007

The beginning of rest....

Well ladies and gentlemen we just finished speaking at the SOM for the past week and then spoke again on Sunday at Paul and Janna's church and now the resting truly begins.


Everyone has been telling me to rest as much as possible but can I be a little honest here? I don't think resting is my forte! I mean I can do it for a while but then I get bored. So I am reading a lot (mostly baby and birthing related books ... go figure) and trying to sleep in but I am not really comfortable enough to sleep for long periods of time so.... Any ideas of some things I can do to "rest" and still not get bored?


Today's comment request... what do you do to rest? How do you wind down?

4 comments:

*sPARKLY~sARAH* said...

I'm with you.
Reading is/was (when I was pregnant) the best thing I do to relax and chill out.

I think I got some of my best reading done when I was pregnant with Kyria.

Going for drives helped too. Late at night for some reason is my favorite time.

Good luck with the staying still part - I sucked.

Joyce said...

you could:

*watch seasons of ALIAS
*Scrap book
*reading is a personal fav
*call friends who are DYING to hear from you!!
*email friends who are DYING to hear from you!!
*write a letter to friends who are DYING to hear from you!!

:)
signed,
DYING to hear from you!
and LOVE YOU!!!!

sc@vp said...

what's wrong with reading?

I, for one, would LOVE to read a book. Again. One day.

(maybe stop readint the baby books and find something a little more interesting? Have you read 'freakonomics' yet? uber-fun.)

Anonymous said...

You had talked about learning to knit. Then you not only will be relaxing, once you learn that is, but you will also have something to show for it. You could make a baby blanket in the same colour as the baby bumper so you have something to use when the quilt is out being dry cleaned....I'm assuming it can't be machine washed. It would be straight knitting and more useful for your current needs than a scarf.

Think about it.

Love Suey...knitter extraordinaire...if I do say so myself.