Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The weekend in a large nutshell!


Well Good Tuesday Morning….


I have had an amazing weekend I have to say! On Saturday I went and hung out with the incredibly fabulous Sarah Dalley. We covered many locations in our whirlwind adventure that afternoon plus I was given a pair of earrings from Accessorize on Yonge Street, which are absolutely fabulous as well.



I then headed home to my beloved who had planned a whole romantic date for us! So we went to this really nice restaurant in Orangeville (Who knew there were any nice restaurants in Orangeville) called One99 and had a lovely meal. At the dinner he gave me a framed gift he has made on the computer. It was a suggestion for this book we were given for the wedding for romantic dates and what’s really funny is I think we do better romantic dates without the “help” of the book…. Maybe it’s because it seems like it’s built on the platform of all men “like”, this and all women like “this”, and frankly we are all very different! Alyn knows me quite well really and his best guess in planning romance (which he is very good at) is bound to be better then someone who doesn’t know me. That said I have had a little fun with the book reading the suggestion and then modifying it to fit Alyn… just call me sneaky book modifier Jones! Anyway we had a lovely date and then finished it off the way all dates should end….. WHAT? I meant sleep! Get your minds out of the gutter!



Sunday we has Prophetic Pres. then church which was great… nice to be up and active at church sometimes! We then ha a quick lunch tried to pick up vegetables to make fresh Salsa at Price Chopper (I’ll never do that again…. Disgusting store with rotting veggies!) and headed up to my Sisters house for my brother Evan’s 35th birthday party and for my Nephew Christian’s 4th Birthday. It was great fun! You know I really love my family! Ok so they have issues as we all do and sometimes our dinners are more colourful then others but hey they are mine! And really I am so proud of them as well…. My nephews are gorgeous… all 3 of them! My sister is awesome and I miss her tons and my brothers are both really funny and making some good life changes so yeah I am really excited about what God is doing in my family….


So Monday? It was so great. We slept in and then went for a hike/walk for a couple hours around Luther Marsh with Stuart and Lynley. We then had a coffee at Second cup (don’t worry I didn’t enjoy it as it wasn’t my beloved Starbucks!) and then came home to launch water balloons at the stop sign at the end of our street! I wish I had taken a picture of us doing it but basically Alyn and Stu hold the ends of the catapult up to the sky and forward facing then one of us girls pulls the centre cradle back and down to the ground and place the small water balloon in it… then we let fly and they go at least 100 meters! It was a riot but I think we missed our goal of hitting the face of the stop sign head on so we may have to try it again when John gets home!



Then to finish the day off we had some God time and dinner and then went to catch a flick with Stu and Lynley and Shannon and Christian Coates. The movie was Transporter 2 and I have to say it was very entertaining as long as you can completely suspend reality and even disbelief and not think about all the things that there is absolutely no way the characters would live through. If you want a realistic film this is not the one for you! I have to say I laughed so hard at the plane scene at the end when they would show it dipping and spinning from an outside of the plane perspective and it looked like a small child had filed it with a plastic plane on a stick and then removed the stick.


Altogether a fabulous weekend…bring on the week!

1 comment:

Andrew G said...

I LOVE THE PHOTO OF THE SPIDER WEB!

Glad you're having a chance to relax and refresh. :-)