Sunday, September 25, 2005

Whata weekend....



Alyn and I have spent the last two days in meeting for the PIH (Partners in Harvest) resource teams in the area of Youth. So it has been quite the busy few days and in reality we don't feel like we got any rest between Texas and PIH mostly because there were meeting that had to happen, work that had to be done, bills to pay and so on....



Last night we all gathered to say good bye to two of our dear friends David and Adele. It’s a sad leaving for us really… there are many of us in denial about them leaving and still trying to pretend this day hasn’t come but it has. David and Adele we love you so much and you will be sorely missed! Is it to late to request one more time “please don’t go!” I mean I know you have sold your house, car and all that… and that God is definitely calling you and everything….. well I suppose we will just say we bless you as you go and I know we will see you lots even though it seems like a distance I am practicing transporting, so give me a few weeks and we will see! (Of course I may arrive in a broom closet or something so if you hear a strange noise… well just don’t greet it with a gun first!)


Today at church we had a mortgage burning ceremony! Yip we lit that puppy on fire on stage and watched it burn with great rejoicing. Quite fun actually. (Oh calm down, calm down, ...no actually puppy's were burned for this joyous occasion!)


So this evening we start the PIH fall conference an then go straight into Catch the Fire so I will try and update as often as I can but I wouldn't hold your breath really!

1 comment:

Adele said...

Aww, shucks...that is so sweet!

By the way can I have a copy of that photo of us?....I've just remembered how my new haircut is supposed to look. The Mullet that I have created is only really suitable for an '80s soccer player.

Can't believe we are really, actually, really, really leaving this time. I will keep my ear glued to the broom closet awaiting your transference there!

Love,
Adele
xx

p.s I think you should really be honest on your blog and admit to the world that actually we did burn some puppies at church....honesty is a virtue, AJ.