Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ode to the slow cooker!

I have to say I love my slow cooker! Yes. It’s true I have gone slow cooker crazy. I have a 6 quart stainless steal kitchen wonder and I have been making things like Chipotle Chicken and Thai red Curry with Chicken and Vegetable! Man oh man can life get any better? OK so I had some left over vegetables from a fondue we had a few days before. So I dump them in the SC, then I brown some onions, and chunks of Chicken and dump them in with thai curry paste and coconut milk (mixed together) and turn it one and walk away! Several hours later we dine on the lovely concoction and it’s amazing!



Yesterday I made chipotle chicken buy throwing chunked eggplant, mushrooms, and onions in the SC, brown boneless chicken breast cut in half with some garlic, dump in pot with secret sauce and voila! 5 hours later we are dining and the whole preparation only took 8 minutes including the browning… 8 Minutes!! Surely the Slow Cooker is the 8th wonder of the world!!! Well I am off to make chili!



I also made my famous home made salsa which Alyn is already eating and it’s only 10:30 am but I plan on following his lead so who can blame him!

2 comments:

Adele said...

Ooooooh yummy....please can we have pics of the end results? ( I mean the end results on the plate...not the ultimate END results....I know what Alyn's like...)
xx

sc@vp said...

erm ... too bad the slow cooker can't spell check ...

(I know I'm evil, but some people call it sassy.)