Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tag

Ok so first Shannon sort of tagged me with some sort of “if you have read this you have been tagged” type line but I wasn’t convinced that was a fair tag. However now Adele has tagged me by name which takes it up a level and while I am sitting here thinking “I don’t have to give in to some stupid tag” the other half of me is saying “why not? You are jet lagged, wide awake and might as well humour both the ladies as they may turn on you in their blogs!” and so it is with great joy that I accept the tag and answer the following questions…… I know you want to skip down to the end and see who I tag, but at least read my answers as they will no doubt be witty and inspirational if not informative.



So the idea is to give 4 answers to the following questions but I should probably warn you that I am going to put a new and interesting spin on being tagged. Three of the statements will be true and one false in some categories….. only me and my hairdresser will know for sure which ones!



4 Jobs I have held: (hmmm could they all be true or is one false?)



  1. Waitress for the Keg, the Olive Garden, Montana’s, Graffiti’s, Orchid Café,, & the Outrigger (I really enjoyed the most of them really except the outrigger which I would never set foot in again or recommend to anyone for any reason…. What? I have forgiven the Creep that owns them really!)

  2. Volunteer and Riding Instructor for CARD (Community Association for the Riding Disabled)

  3. Airport Manager and Account Manager for National Car Rental

  4. Itinerant Minister (traveling the world preaching the good news, healing the sick, and racking up air miles and jet lag!)




4 movies I can watch over and over:



  1. The Princess Bride (one of my favourite all time movies. I can recite most of it without much effort!!)

  2. The Star Wars Trilogy (not the new ones… the old ones! They rock!)

  3. Signs (yep, a classic… “a real father heart movie”)

  4. Sound of Music (love it, love it! All the singing and intrigue yep, it’s a good one!)



4 places I have lived:



  1. Willowdale, ON (Grew up there in large house… I miss Willowdale)

  2. Etobicoke (both in a forest in the woods and in TACF-ville)

  3. Cambodia (in the war years …. It was hard but the grubs were chewy and the plan leaves edible.)

  4. Bolton ON (with my gorgeous Husband!)



4 TV shows I love to watch:


Well in actuality we don’t have cable but I still have TV shows on DVD!

  1. Alias (Umm Adele I noticed you didn’t have this one! Shocking! Best show ever!)

  2. Frasier (like when are they going to release season 8 already! I love Niles he si the best part of the show by far!)

  3. Extreme Makeover (Ok how much does this show rock!)

  4. What not the wear (I mean I wouldn’t want to be on it and get picked apart in the 360 degree mirror but it’s great fun to watch and heckle!)



4 places I have been on vacation:


Vacation? What’s that? Oh all right!

  1. Puerta Plata Mexico (where the sun is hot, the people are friendly and the sharks feed on tourists!)

  2. Dominican Republic (Firmly establishing my hatred for all things crème brulie or crème caramel!)

  3. Disneyland (On honeymoon Baby! Can you say “La Nouba!”)

  4. Cuba (Cheap, nice beaches, OK food)




4 of my favourite dishes:


Ok I am with Shannon on this one as I don’t know how to get it down to 4 favs but I shall try….

  1. Chicken or Beef Penang at the Thai Royal Orchid! (OK this is not helping me as we have been awake for hours and there is literally no food in the house… mmm penang….mmmm)

  2. Steak (Either the keg or Outback thick sirloin… oh dear my mouth is watering)

  3. Lobster steamed with butter and lemon…. Ok this is getting painful!

  4. Last but certainly not least is Sushi (raw fish give me more of that! Oh wait maybe there is some raw fish I can gnaw on in the freezer… gotta go!)



4 websites I like to visit daily:


Mostly Blogs really! So sad!

  1. Adele’s Blog

  2. Shannon’s blog (mostly to laugh at Sadie’s new and inventive words and ways of getting Dora items stuck to her body!)

  3. Alyn’s blog (he’s just so clever how could I not check it!)

  4. RSS entries (what does that mean? It means that my computer tells me when you have updated your blogs and then I go straight to them without having to check on the off days if there is anything new! I love my mac!!!)



4 places I would rather be right now:


Well right now I am sitting in my own bed, in this country Canada which I love, with all in stillness and peace around me so there is no place I would rather be BUT when I am not home I dream of….

  1. Having Dinner with Stuart and Lynley and watching Alias and catching up

  2. Having Dinner with all the people Adele said at the queen mother café…. Oh what joy!

  3. hanging out with Janna and Paul and many little blond haired cousins!

  4. Laying in my own bed, resting and contemplating life, friends, love, God’s goodness, and British chocolate! Oh wait I am doing that now…. It’s a good day!



4 People I am tagging:


Hmmmmm…….

  1. Trae

  2. Andrew Gaz

  3. WeeGee

  4. You! Yes you!

4 comments:

Adele said...

The Sound of Music???? Oh please! That has to be your joke entry.

I don't think you were a riding instructor....

Cambodia - well we visited you when you lived there so I know that one's right. Surely you like all the food items...

CANNOT believe I forgot to put "What not to wear" on my favourites list....

Anyway a very good tag!
Hope you get some good sushi soon!
xx

sc@vp said...

erm ... you 'except' the tag? and you were a 'manger'? Probably jet lag. I'll let it go. THIS TIME.

I second AJ's opinion about ye ol' Outrigger. Suckie. SUCKIE restaurant. And I didn't even work there. Bleh.

And I don't think I can get through the rest of this tonight. It's almost midnight and I'm NOT jet-lagged.

More later. :-)

A.J. said...

I see that those with grace for the jet lagged (I am also naturally one of the worst spellers on the planet as well) managed to not comment on 2 small errors!!!!! :-)

I am sorry to tell you Adele that “the Sound of Music” is one of the real ones. I have seen it well over 100 times and it's a comfort movie for me. Of course I haven't watched it as much in the last few years as I have Jesus for comfort now (thought I would make sure that was in there incase anyone was concerned by the phrase “comfort movie”) but sometimes you just need a great movie full of singing and dancing!

Sarah-Aubrey said...

Just my luck that I check your blog for the first time in AGES and get caught in the cross-fire of a game of Blog Tag.

Miss you, AJ!