Hello folks!
If you want the update on where we have been and what we have done please see Alyn's blog as there is no point in us both posting the same thing!!! (Follow link on right hand side of this blog)

As for me I have a post of a different colour! Well more just a funny one I hope.... we will see if I get the nod from Adele and S.
Ok so I have a lovely new family (Alyn's) and to be honest I would choose them for family if I got the chance (well I guess I kind of did) So we have had a visit with Charis and Ben and their lovely son Samuel who may be one of the cutest little boys on the planet! He is extremely well behaved and just generally lovely. (Please see picture of our rock star nephew).

We also came up to Dundee to spend 2 days with Alyn's parents and celebrate Alyn's Dad's 62 birthday! (See other picture) We went to the posh little hotel/restaurant in the country that used to be a castle! With a moat and everything! Anyhoo the food was fab and the company even better.
Now the really reason for this blog is my height! It would be much more convenient in this house if I were about 4 foot 9. Now don't get me wrong Alyn's family aren’t short but the bed that I sleep on is more suitable for someone smaller! Perhaps about 4 foot 9 would do as my feet hang a good foot of the end of the bed! That said at least the bed is comfortable and doesn't require contortionist skills to maneuver in it... the same cannot be said for the shower!
The "shower" is 3 foot by 3 foot square at best. It has almost no pressure so you need to run around in it to get wet! But that's not the worst part oh NO! The faucet (heat control) sticks out at least a foot into the shower possibly a little further thus removing you maneuvering space. Further to this is the fact that I need to put my shampoo bottles and such on the floor of the shower as the conveniently molded shelves are either full or to small to do any earthly good! So let's say you are in the shower (saves the visuals of me in the shower) and say the faucet that juts out into the shower in about bum height, Now let's say they if you tap said faucet very lightly in one direction or the other you are either frozen or scalded. Now let's imagine that you need to bend over and get your shampoo in the tight quarters, let's also imagine that you have one foot that doesn't like to bend and one calf that feels the same. So your options? Bend at the waist I hear you say! Precisely however upon bending at the waste in this cramped cell from the pit your bottom knows the faucet to hot and you scold said posterior in a heart beat but wait you now need to turn around and scald your front to turn the temperature down and then run around carefully to get the conditioner out of your hair.... welcome to my morning!
6 comments:
okay, even though I'm picturing me in the shower, I'm still picturing you getting scalded.
Because I don't like being scalded.
OH Heavens! What a morning indeed. But I must say waking up to that little buddle of joy would make it worth it sometimes.. No?
Which little bundle of Joy? Alyn? I'm confused.
Heh heh heh....what a dilemma. A scalded butt or a frozen butt. I think Alyn should have recorded the sound effects coming out of the shower while you were in it...and put them on his blog!!!
Anyway, glad you survived.....and DANG I forget that Alyn doesn't wear glasses anymore....he looks great!!!
xx
Of course ALYN! :)
wee g: LOL. And good luck with that.
Post a Comment