Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pingu the Magnificent!




I walk like a penguin nowadays. I mean because there is pain in my right foot and left leg it’s like I don’t know which one to favour and so I hop back and forth from foot to foot and I look like an excited penguin on crack or something!



Jenni named me “Pingu” after some cartooned penguin in the UK. I suggested “Pingu the Mighty” which sounds more fierce and impressive. Then later in the day as we were walking up to Starbucks Jenni was trying to inspire me towards speed or something and called me “Pingu the Magnificent” and so I am.



There are many advantages to being a penguin many of which I haven’t acquired yet. Like for example when they get tired of waddling back and forth they can simply lay down on their slippery tummies and push themselves along the ice for a while or zoom down slick surfaces which certainly makes things faster. The only zooming I have been doing is in planes, trains and automobiles lately and that not on my belly! Penguins are also very cute and don’t wear clothes which I am sure not only helps with the zoom and tummy factors but also saves them the pain of wearing jeans or socks which rub up against bruised body parts. Penguins also eat fish…. Of course I can do this too but I thought I would mention it so you would all know how well informed I am about penguins!



Well this penguin is off to bed!


Much Love,


Pingu the Magnificent!

3 comments:

sc@vp said...

penguins also don't eat for months on end while tending their young, or some such thing.

I believe Morgan Freeman told me about it once ...

Adele said...

Did you know there is such a beast as an Adelie Penguin? Yes indeed, and a fine physical specimen he is too....er, well I guess they have females too. Who else is going to do all the starving to get thin and look after the kids. Wow penguins are like humans.

ANYWAY, more importantly. PANTS that you are still in much pain. This is BAD. And let's face it - if YOU are still feeling the pain, the rest of us would be lying in a hospital bed being fed ice cream through our noses by now.....not ministering to the nations...

Again. You are amazing.

p.s my mum/grandma once told me to put butter on bruises.....what is that all about?

Where they trying to get me to slip down the stairs again????

sc@vp said...

adele: ba AHAHAHAH!! slip down the stairs again ... Snorkle. that's good.