
Hello Folks,
So Sorry about the lack of updates! We have had limited internet access and I am still in a fair amount of pain. So the update on the pain front is this: I am still in pain! But more specifically... The bruises are fading on the side of my leg. My right foot is less bruised but still very painful and I saw a doctor today who looked at it and said he thinks I have pulled all the metatarsal ligaments through my foot and it could take longer than a break to heal. The bruising and pain in my lower left leg has gotten worse and is really quite painful. The doctor said the bleeding and bruising is really very bad and I should try not to walk or stand very much. Again there might be ligament damage of some sort as well so I am to rest. Of course we really can't rest much until we get home.

We spent last week with the incredible Jenni Sandford. The week was lovely including visits with Louise Fellingham, Justin and Kerstin Francis, and Maxine Vorster. I think one of the highlights of the week was an evening in the Royal Albert Hall watching the Cirque du Soleil's Alegria! It was absolutely incredible! I mean I have no idea how they do most of the stuff they do but it's incredible to watch. I highly recommend going and seeing one of their shows. (they do however have one or two shows that are a bit risque I have heard so we don't want to see every show they are doing!)
On the weekend we ministered in Manchester at two churches that we had not visited before. It was a lovely weekend with new friends and old friends! I was thrilled to get to speak at Timo Hack's church on Sunday morning and then spend the afternoon with Timo and Ruth and our lovely host family the Morley's. Oh and we went shopping at Next and got a few pairs of dress pants that fit me really well so I am thrilled!

Last night Jenni picked us up from the airport and drove us to Bath where we are spending a few days with the incomparable Dalley's at Chateau Dalley. Our plan for the day? ummm... rest my foot....and my other leg……. find a suit for Alyn for Laura Woodley's wedding and have Starbucks. Yep, That's the plan and we are going to try and stick to it!
Love to you all and I will try and update more frequently this week!
5 comments:
Dear Hop-a-Long Jones,
I am most saddened to hear of the continuing leg angst.. I thoroughily recommend finding a nice place to hole up and lie on the sofa, whilst being waited on hand and foot. I know of a very nice sofa in England that just might fit. As long as you stay away from the photo albums. Otherwise I might request them to put peas under your mattress.
xxx
Is THAT what it takes to get Sarah to comment on your blog?! Death-defying injury?!
OW OW OW That sounds naaassssttyyy.
Hopefully the dress pants bring a little solace....I can feel the joy!
Give D&F a big squeeze from us!
Well done for all your ministering - you guys are amazing!
xx
I am happy to say I am greatly enjoying said sofa in England while looking through old photo albums of a very blond girl.....
Of course i will have to scan some photos for security purposes in insurance of a good nights sleep without pea (in any sense of the word!)
fantastic photos Mrs. Jones!
Post a Comment