Hello lovely people!
I am currently posting from Brazil home of... cows! Lots of them. In fact I learned today that Brazil has more cows then people. Oh and they need it the way they go through meat!
So far we have gotten settled in the house we are staying at. It is a lovely house with a comfy bed and a great shower... what else can you ask for? Oh and wireless internet as well! Yep, suffering we are not!
- A Churrasco is a Brazilian Meat BBQ that takes about 2 hours of eating and involves more beef that you can possibly imagine! Seriously my naturopath would have a fit if He knew what we are eating... luckily he doesn't read my blog
- They eat breakfast (normal stuff like cereal, bread etc.), they eat lunch which is the big meal and involves an entire cow, and then they eat dinner between 9 pm and 11 pm! Then you try and sleep with your stomach fill! (Alyn didn't do so well with that last night!)
- All used toilet paper goes in the bin beside the toilet not in the toilet as there is very little pressure to sweep things away! (Scary but true)
- Advertisements are done by little men driving old, little motorbikes with box speakers attached to the back of them. They advertise all sorts of things apparently, but I of course can't understand a thing. It does however sound like the same guy got paid to do all the advertisements as they all sounds like Bob Barker on crack
- The streets you ask? Well they are either dirt, real pavement, or Brazilian pavement which consists of large (sometimes sharp) rocks laid into some sort of cement at different angles creating the scariest cobblestone effect known to man! Honestly cyclist be ware! Walkers wear your hiking shoes! We are talking scary stuff here! I wore thin soled shoes last night to the meat festival known as a restaurant... my feet hurt walking across the street!
- The people? Amazing! Absolutely lovely people, extremely friendly, gracious, and only seem to want to do you bodily harm when driving and pedestrians are worth points it would seem!
Here is a list of things I have learned so far....

So far we are loving it here! See you next week North America!
8 comments:
YEY so glad you are enjoying Brazil. Is there a big hooha about that ballboy that scored a goal in the national football leagues and the ref didn't notice he wasn't a real player and awarded the goal???
(Um, does this question indicate that I have been spending too much time watching sports programmes with Dave?)
I nearly died trying to survive one of those churrosco thingies in Mexico.....too much meat.....bleurgh!
Also - thanks to word verification we have found perfect name for baby.
Zoeomoli
Fantastic don't ya think?
Almost as good as Esmeralda!
so glad to hear of all the meat eating..you'll never look at a cow the same again!
HOW do they stay soo skinny in Brazil...all that eating...and so late??? it's a supernatural phenomenon!
ps..go check out the story i left on you "macguyver-ing" blog!
loves
Have forwarded links to yours and Alyns blog to Gordon..............
I am sure the wrath of nature is about to fall uppon you.......
This will be something akin to the fire and brimstone that fell on Sodom and Gomorra (sp?) but being of the natural variety will feel more like cotton wool balls bouncing off your bloated intestines.
hmmmm beeeef yummmmy!
Hello,
Brazil sounds lovely - glad you're having a great time!
Love Ash
Adele- Ye, you are watching to much sports for sure! Oh and there is no such thing as "to much meat"
Adele again - I am not sure the child would thank you much for that... please don't mention it came from my blog!
Joyce - loved the story. I have NO IDEA how they stay so skinny! It is the plastic surgery capital of the world!
Stu - be very careful as we may be forced to invite Gordon to come and mess with you!
LA- Yep, seriously yummy! We have filet mignon like everyday! It is even on pizza!
Ash- Thanks! It is a lovely place!
AJ- are you home? I have been thinking about you a lot lately! I hope you all are doing well and didn't eat to much meat!
I wish we would run into each other somewhere in all of our travels! I really miss you, friend!
Love ya,
Charlene
Post a Comment