Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Honduran Mountain food....

In '93 Janna and I went to Honduras with YWAM and ate some extremely strange food. Charming recipes like crab soup (consisting of beach caught crabs, salt water and lots of sand) Oh how I miss it. This evening Alyn and I managed to create a meal only slightly better then our mountain friends. The issue? We fly out tonight, have no groceries, and have to McGyver a meal out of scary wheat free tortilla shells, frozen mystery meat, onion, green peppers and ketchup.


can I suggest you do not EVER make this meal for yourselves! trust me it was pretty darn sick and dry and flavorless!


Have you ever made a meal such as this? Please share your meal Mcgyver-ing stories to make me feel better!



well folks we are off to Brazil and then Florida... see you in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

MacGyver-ing was a norm in my house growing up...but my favorite..and the funniest..at least to my sister and I..was one year at Thanksgiving (remember how BIG of a holiday this is in the US) my sister and lived on our own about 8hrs from mom and dad...thinking the fam was coming and bringing turkey plus trimmings, we did NO grocery shopping (+ we were broke), well, fam didn't come at the last minute, all we had was a chiken fryer (one of those baby chiken rotissery thingys, no one knowing how long was in freezer) and some Uncle Ben's instant rice...yes we definately stuffed the chiken with the rice and then tried some makeshift gravy using flour and chicken juice....then sat down to our lovely thanksgiving meal on the kitchen floor (no furniture) with our plasticware and no plates!!! AH! the good 'ol days!!!
ps...I think I just blogged on you blog!! ;) oops