begin rant...
I am so sick of vegetables I can not even express it in words! 4 days of green vegetables only and then yesterday like the dawn breaking on a night of horror we were allowed to eat.... wait for it.... brown rice! Yeh I know you were expecting something more exciting and I don't blame you but sadly the exciting highlight of the last 2 days was brown rice. I know you're jealous but try and contain yourself OK?
I know you are most likely thinking "But green veggies are great!" however if your only choice is to have the following streamed, raw, or stir fried in a little olice oil you might grow restless as well! So we can have: broccoli, spinach, yellow squash, zuccinni, green beans, asparagus, cabbage, kale, bok choy, swiss chard, brussel sprouts, and onions. Ok so right off the top who eats things like brussel sprouts without being under duress? YUCK! Now I love green beans but I have to say having had them raw or steamed for breakfast for a few days they loose their appeal very quickly! And Kale, have you ever tried it? If not you can get the same horrible flavour by cutting up any of the retched weeds in your mother overgrown garden and boiling them and then eating them with no sauce or butter. Yep, it’s pretty gross!
We have 2 days left and then we can add back in most of the things I like to eat normally, praise God! The one keeper from this week is how incredibly enjoyable BBQ zucchini and yellow squash is… it’s the bomb I am telling you! Oh and red onions on the Barbie… good heavens it’s a close heaven as possible on this earth I think! Ok perhaps it’s really like 10th on the list but the BBQ veggies have gotten us through… that and the brown basmati rice. So hopefully we will have more exciting things to post about once we can stop eating strangely and regain a sense of humour!
5 comments:
GOOD JOB FRIEND! Do you remember that Daniel fast when I was there in 2004? Lots of green stuff then too, but at least you could eat almonds as a treat.
I had a great time visiting with Joyce tonight. We went and played cards with some of my old friends and then had a chat in my car. Great Gal!
Love you and miss ya!
Char
Sounds HIDEOUS. How do you manage to gag down green veggies for breakfast? Yeuch.
Now as a matter of interest how does this whole experience relate to the famous colon cleanse of latter years???
xx
Char - yep, I remember. :-) I am glad you had a great time with Joyce. She is awesome isn't she... I knew you two would get along well!
Adele - How does is compare? the other one was more fun! I mean you saw results daily, several times a day if you catch my drift! this one you just suffer through tons of green veggies and hope something is happening!
you can do it!
yeah!!!
i'm on im on i'm on i'm on i'm on i'm on i'm on i'm on i'm on i'm on!!
now I just need to start blogging regularly....about nonsense things such as pooping...and cleansing :)
love you ;-)
Post a Comment