Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Almost there....

Well after 2 flights and 19 hours of flight we have arrived in New Zealand. I didn't get much sleep over night, and my feet and ankles are so swollen it hurts but I am relieved to be here and be able to get adjusted!



In about an hour we take our final flight for the next week or more to Taupo to the lovely abode of Dave and Adele Richards! We will have the honour of meeting Honour Zoe and hopefully partake in a few good BBQ's as Dave IS the BBQ king of Taupo.



The Air New Zealand flight from LAX was pretty good. We were on the upper deck in Premium economy which gave us some extra seat room, access to snacks, no lines ups for the bathrooms, and lots of leg room. The flight attendants were both men and they were awesome. However, the food was horrible as was the selection of in-flight entertainment and the seats we pretty far from comfy! I am sure I will feel much more positive about the whole flight once I have had some decent sleep and my ankles and feet resume a normal size!



I shall try to post pictures of this beautiful land as truly it's one of the most gorgeous countries on earth! (Ok well of the 30 or so I have seen it's up there with Ireland)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey
glad you arrived safe in this beautiful land.
what a bummer your staying so far away (not far for a canadian but far for a brit) chances of us getting down to see you are slim. we just brought our first home and are renovating every waking hour (if feels like).other than that i'm loving being preggers (after throwing up for three months i'm now loving the third trimester and in afew weeks time will be in the third tri!! it fly's by after you get past the 12th week.
glad that you guys are starting a family and i hope we will meet again at some point?
i enjoy reading your blog from time to time and it's good to know that your doing well.
take care
abigailx x x

Anonymous said...

Hope your bifhday was fab the other night:)
have much oh funio in the land of kiwi, it is often said to be ireland's twin only with a smidgen more sunshine:)