Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Life changing moment....

Well today was a big day... more specifically about 30 minutes ago.



"What happened?" you ask....



Adele's midwife came over and we heard our baby's heart beat for the first time. That little heart was racing away at 163 beats per minute and he or she was moving around quite a bit as well. I just lay there and cried and smiled at Alyn (Oh drat I am crying again now!).



It was a great day...



Oh by the way if you didn't read the previous blog entitled "ready" you don't want to miss it!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Amazing, isn't it?

Just wait until you feel that little one move and kick; truly amazing!

sc@vp said...

I CRIED TOO (both times).

And i'm a little teary-eyed now ...

Anonymous said...

My eyes welled up when I could hear Kyria's heart for the first time (we were in the hospital so I was trying to keep my composure, Lee wasn't, haha!)

It was such a cool experience! And I think that was the first time I felt like the baby was real, when I could hear her inside of me.
Are you guys going to find out if it's a boy or a girl? Or leave it as a surprise til the very end???

Anonymous said...

that is just so precious!:) awwww baby joneses...will wee jones have it's own blog soon?
I was getting all welled up and clucky watching toddlers in cutsie (non scary) outfits with red noses and blerry (past my bedtime of 7pm)eyes, toddling around our neighbourhood on the "great candy mission" last night. Should Bill & I try those tests?

Andrew G said...

sounds INCREDIBLE AJ!!! I'm so happy for you two!!!

Anonymous said...

OK, I at 163 bpm I believe you are having a girl.

Adele said...

Oh it was sooooo amazing! I love hearing the baby's heartbeat....and now you can agree that Sonia is the loveliest midwife in the world.

Ash said...

That is so cool AJ! You'll be an awesome mum!

Joyce said...

AJ Im so happy for you guys!
really overwhelmed at the thought of your deepest desire to be a mom being fulfilled....
enjoy every step!!!

I uber-Love you!!!!
...yes, i am feeling quite sappy today! :)