Saturday, November 25, 2006

Singapore....

Ok so I am behind again! Here is a brief update from Singapore and some pictures!



First of all Singapore has to be the cleanest city in the world. (Gum chewing is illegal after all). The people there are lovely and it was great to get some rest and wander around!



We have some wonderful hosts from a church there. These people didn't even know us but e-mail a few weeks before we arrived and asked if we would be interested in coming next year to speak at their church. They seemed lovely from the e-mail so we let them know we were actually coming through Singapore and would they like to meet? Well they did much more thank meet us.... they picked us up from the plane, helped us get all our luggage into the hotel, took us out for dinner, and took us shopping. The next day they picked us up for dinner (strange local food that I never want to have again) and then we went to the Singapore Night Safari! It was amazing!!!! It has to be the coolest zoo ever!! So now onto the pictures!



First the lovely "squat toilet/pan" available for you pee-ing pleasure in all public restrooms.... so seriously how do they not end up peeing on their clothes?





Next the century egg... it's a dish that requires soaking the egg in horse urine until it turns black and then they eat it with congee or some other revolting substance! Yuck!





Here is the lovely group that we had dinner with and who took as to the night safari!



Finally we have the night safari pictures.



Here we have the rare Deer-mouse .....

And the African Lion........

the otter (s)..... come on aren't they cute!

The anteater and the flamingo........

and finally the extremely rare tap dancing bottlenosed crocodile....


Sorry but we were not allowed to use a flash in the Night safari! :-)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

GREAT pics! ;)
Egg soaked in horse urine?? BLLAAAHHHH...

Joyce said...

I'm curious...did you eat the horse-urine-soaked egg??...and, did your husband kiss you after that!?
I haven't met iJones yet, but i'm sure i can speak for peanut and say..."please mommy, don't eat urine-soaked food anymore!"

great pics...loved the tap dancing bottle-nose guy!!...and that top hap! AMAZING!! how does he do it!

love you!
xoxox

A.J. said...

I did NOT eat the century edd no matter how many times they offered!

I told them they were likely to wear the century egg if I tried eating it.... they seemed to get the point!