Tuesday, November 28, 2006

To hell and back....

Well it's true, Alyn and I went to hell and back and it was a really short drive!


We have been doing a number of meetings in Trondhiem Norway and the neighbouring village is called... yep, you guessed it "Hell". So we had to drive through and take some pictures at the train station known as Hell's station. The yellow building in the photos is the goods and export area house at the station. It is called "Gods expedition" because that is how goods and export are written in Norwegian! Made me laugh I have to say!







These sets of pictures are from the Sunday morning meeting at the end of the conference. It was an awesome time and people were really hungry. These photos were taken by a photographer that works for the local paper but he let me download them!


It totally looks like I am sleeping standing up in the 1st one doesn't it!








Oh and one other thing about Norway in the winter.... it's Dark! The sun doesn't come up until around 10 am and goes down just after 3 pm..... Yuck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a town called 'Hell' here in Michigan as well. Every summer they have an event called The Race Through Hell. (This Ryan Mack's lil' sis Lindsey) I love the God Expidition. That's awesome! Safe Travels.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! There's a place called Hell? That's just . . .really horrible for the residents and hilarious for everybody else!

I love the pictures!

Kelly said...

That's one 'hell' of a place!! pffft!

Anonymous said...

Well that just rivals Gas, Texas. There is even a sign at the border that says "if you are reading this sign you just passed Gas!"

Love ya-
Charlene

Ellen T said...

I have been to Hell and to Trundheim. I was just glancing at your post because you are friends with Jason and Krista. I dis some ministry at the prayer center in Trundheim...they were great people.
Ellen