Friday, March 16, 2007

Norway and Beyond!

Hi Everyone!


Well Norway has gone really well so far. We are doing a Catch the Fire conference with John and Carol and David Campbell. David is an absolute riot and just generally fun to be around. The Norwegians are so hungry and they get our humour which is always nice as well. It's always a pleasure to minister in hungry places.


On our way here we ran into Marc Dupont on the flight to Norway. He is doing a conference a few hours north of here in Bergen. It was really nice to see him and get to catch up a little.


So what's the beyond? Well after this conference we launch out into the great unknown! Yep, we are entering a season of rest, which we both desperately need. We will be teaching at the school a few time during the next 5 or 6 months but that's it as far as ministry stuff until late August. Partially it's a bit scary as we don't know where our income will come from! On the other hand God has done a marvelous job up until now and I know He isn't going to forget us while we are taking this time to rest, have our little girl, and figure out how to do the parenting thing.


So the to do list for when we get home? Pick up the crib (It's in and waiting for us Yahoo!), sand and stain the furniture in the baby's room to match the crib, attend a shower or two and rest. I am not sure how good I am going to be at resting but I intend to devote serious effort to the cause! It feels funny to think of not getting on a plane for 6 months especially as we normally live on them but I am thrilled with the idea of being home for a while.


see you all soon....

No comments: