Well really this blog is just the random thoughts of an often tired mind. I hope you enjoy it and if by chance you don't... well that's life my friends! My life has changed from travel and jet lag to pastoring and being a mom of two.... it's quite the adjustment.
Saturday, August 06, 2005
The Great Equalizer
Yep you guessed it, coffee. I think you can know a nation by the quality of it's coffee and it's appreciation thereof. For example some nations have the nerve, yes the nerve to call instant coffee actual coffee. Un-expecting travelers could be caught unaware by this travesty and reply in the affirmative to a cup of the liquid splendor only to be handed hot water with coffee-ish flavor in it! Horrible! A friend of mine declares that Nescafe (instant coffee) is from the culinary pits of hell and I tend to agree. It’s like that food that they pack in freeze dry pouches and you add water and it puffs up a bit but we all know it’s not real food! Now some nations make quite good coffee without even realizing it. Finland and Germany for example make quite good coffee, on the strong side but good. Add a little milk and you are good to go my friend. Anywhere you can find a Starbucks is a place that should be visited without question. And then there is our beloved Tim Hortons, yes it’s not flashy but the coffee is good 9 times out of 10 and it’s cheap. Also if you happen to miss the one on the last corner as you were speeding down the street don’t worry, there will be one on the next corner as well. Coffee, I believe, shows our nation one of the best to live in just based on the ease of supply, flavour and choice with NO instant variety being pawned off as the real McCoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think it's Galatians 5 that says something like:
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."
I don't drink cafeene... maybe it's personal but I don't think that Jesus died so that I could be addicted (physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects) to a substance.
Thank You Jesus for Freedom...
...oh, and Thanks Jesus for cheeky comments
;-)
Well if it makes you feel any better Andrew I drink decaf but I do love the taste of coffee. I don't have any adverse effects or withdrawl just pure enjoyment of the beverage! :-)
I think you all know how I feel about decaf. It's like hunting with rubber bullets. It's like drinking non alcoholic beer or "mocktails". It's like eating "fat free" cheesecake.
Aside from all that, you know you have a problem when you're addicted to something with no addictive properties. I'm praying for you sister friend.
Post a Comment