Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Phaeton


Well it’s been quite the weekend! Robert Augi lead worship at the camp which was absolutely awesome… man can he usher in the presence of God! We had a great time at the service and God really touched a lot of people. I totally love being with the Marysville Foursquare church so it was really fun and even somewhat relaxing! In addition to a great weekend we stayed overnight last night with a lovely couple who do RTF and happen to live on a lake with a speed boat. So we get there and they ask if we would like a ride and I am like” Of course!” So the lady of the house who seems very quiet and stuff says she will take us and I am thinking oh great we are going to drive around the lake at 5 miles an hour or something. And sure enough we slowly cruz away from her house out past the first buoy and then she hammers it…. I mean absolutely floors it and we whip around the lake looking at cool houses and trying to not run over skiers and the like. Thankfully no one was run over by the RTF racer woman and we returned home about 45 minutes later.


But wait it gets better….. are you ready? I mean really ready?


Ed, the husband in this dynamic duo is a restorer of vintage cars! So when we get there I see a 68 and a 66 mustang convertible sitting in the garage and went totally goo goo over them. So I asked if before we go to dinner if Ed could show me them and he says well why don’t I show you all the cars and then you can pick which one you want to drive to dinner! “Me? I can drive one?!!!” In the words of our friend Bob and millions of under-educated teenagers everywhere… “Shut UP!” ….So we go out to the garage and there is 2 Model T’s and a Model A ford. So no joke I drove a fully restored beautiful Model T ford from 1929! It was stick shift and not the easiest thing to drive but man what a thrill!



How do I top that? I can’t … it just can’t be topped! Well OK if I were to own a candy apple red 65 mustang convertible in mint condition that might top driving someone else’s incredibly stunning really old car but for now I will just have to savor the memories and fly home! Speaking of which that is exactly what I am doing at this very moment. And in roughly 1.25 hours I should be on the ground in our lovely city and be able to sleep in my own bed for roughly 10 nights……. Praise Jesus!

1 comment:

Andrew G said...

INCREDIBLE!!! The cars look fantastic!

I"m glad you're having a ton of fun... ;-)