
Yes I really am this sad…. We walked about 45 minutes to find the nearest Starbucks having been Starbucks depraved for the last 2.5 weeks. I had an iced Caramel Macchiato and while it wasn’t as good as our Queensway barristas make it was still a welcome addition to a very long trip. We drove from near Dresden today to Berlin airport. We got upgraded and flew to Frankfurt where we are staying in a hotel that on the outside looks questionable but on the inside looks… well pretty darn cool really! I will attach a picture of the bathroon…. It’s one of those rooms that you really hope you know the person in your room as the shower is solid glass and can be viewed from the bed ! What? We are still on honeymoon you know!
After Starbucks we caught a tram back to our hotel area and found an incredible Thai restaurant that I have to say was some of the best Thai I have ever had! So all around it’s been a great day and we are heading to bed early for a change.
[Just to update you on the “cool” room we seemed to somehow get a geriatric room, or Kinder room, as the bed was lined with plastic and we went to bed early but then both woke up as we were sticking to the sheets! Gross!]
Tomorrow we fly home for a glorious 1.5 days before leaving again for Seattle with Robbie doing worship for us. So if you think about it I would appreciate all prayers in regards to jet lag as the time difference between Germany and Seattle is a whopping 9 hours… oh dear!
However upon getting to the airport we were confirmed as upgraded into first class and had a wonderful ride home watching movies and eating shrimp and steak…. Praise God for first class! I watched 2 movies I has not seen before namely ice princess (cute) and Interpreter (which was incredibly good and I would actually like to own it). I then endeavored to watch “Kingdom of heaven” but lost interest when the Hero decided to sleep with a married woman….. so it became nap time and I put my seat down almost flat, snuggled under the stuffed comforter and lay my head on a real pillow and went to sleep. So overall it was a great trip, great flight home and I am thrilled to be in my own bed if only for 2 nights…….
Seattle here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment