Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Baking olympics...


Ok I admit it I have been balancing my days evenly between the throws of Photoshop and the joys of baking. I have never been a baker… I mean never! My sister was always good enough for the both of us at all things girly, and all things not, well basically everything really. So anyway I baked my first batch of chocolate chip cookies on Sunday night and then subjected Lynley and Vicky to them. They didn’t taste quite right and I later found out I had used the wrong chocolate chips! Tragic! (have now noted fatal error on recipe)(Mixer 1- AJ 0)


Then last night I tried to make Alyn’s mom’s pavlova recipe…. I say tried because I failed miserably. I put a TBLS of flour instead of a tsp of flour which might not have killed it all together but then I didn’t whip it enough so it was really just a runny mess! (Mixer 2 – AJ 0)But not to be out done or anything I got right back on that horse (which I quickly removed from our very small living area as horses are un-hygienic in rooms where baking and things might occur) and made another one after calling my sister for a little advice and pep talk and dare I say I succeeded! Yes, the Sugar Man himself loved my version of Mom’s pavlova! (Mixer 2 – AJ 1)



Then this evening I bonded with the mixer again having finished working in Photoshop on my 5th shoot of the week. Yes, that’s right ladies and gentlemen and any horses who were caught with rapt interest by the last paragraph and are still reading…. I made Chocolate Chip Meringue cookies and Raisin Meringue cookies! They both turned out great and I even made up the raisin one.. well I substituted but that’s still clever if you ask me! (Mixer 2 – AJ 3) and that is where the adventure ends for today!



PS: If a bakers talent and prowess can be measured in relative stickiness then man am I good… Ok gotta shower the sugar off and go to bed!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah baby!

10 out of 10 for the pavlova and those little 'cookies' (warm, moist, chewy, sugary delights is what they are!) are sooooo good too. Eating three in the space of a minute and a half isn't excessive is it now?

Adele said...

Oh my giddy aunt. (she should stop drinking too)

I am even more impressed than a bunch of flowers being pressed firmly between two elephants standing very close together.

All this and horses too.

You see, I told you there is nothing this woman cannot do..

And again inspired by word verification:

Oh if only I could jonft, I would jonft and jonft all day long. Tis a beautiful thing to jonft....

Linda Hope said...

OH AJ...when do i get to be a gunnie pig?? I am willing to sacrifice, lay down my pride, and be an open and willing mouth for your baking glories!!

So call me up sometime, or bring your works of scrumpcious art into the office, and i am at your service!!

YAY!!
Cho

Anonymous said...

gkiowrs!
Thats what i thought when i saw that fab meringue! and i'm hoping there will some ready for me on Saturday!

A.J. said...

Ah ther will be merangue and much much more on Saturday ... do not fear!!!

Anonymous said...

HOLD ON JUST A MOMENT!!
what's saturday?! and why am I not invited?!

adele - nice with the pressing elephants ...

Charlene said...

Yeah, I wasn't invited either. I mean, just because I am in Texas, doesn't mean I don't want to come...what is going on again? Did someone say meringue?