Saturday, November 05, 2005

UK VS. CANADA

Well I would like to sum up some of the pros and cons of UK travel for those of you who have not made it over. I know you will all find this extremely thrilling and want to start making your own pro and con list of travel destinations to publish on your blogs as well…. Just remember I did it first!!



Pro – Canadian Showers (UK showers for the most part you have to run around in a pray for rain!)


Pro -UK Chocolate (It is not even worth discussing the difference. North American Chocolate is basically brown wax)


Pro – British Curry! Yummy!!!!


Con – British toilets (see previous post)


Con – British Coffee (see any one of many previous post or try Nescafe either one will clear up the issue for you)


Pro – Starbucks UK– within walking distance in Croydon can I hear an amen!!!


Pro – Canadian weather – Sorry folks but I am not a plant and do not require daily watering.


Con – UK heating – as previously mentioned the heating situation in many houses is deplorable and if I have to sit on one more frozen toilet seat I may have to do something drastic! It’s time to take some lessons from the “New world” folks heating is good especially in bathrooms!)


Pros – Canada we have Shoppers drug mart and UK has Boots so even points there!


Cons – UK- cold sandwich and salad meals. Even when they are really good you still wish there was something warm in the mix especially if you have been rained upon all day! However add in a panini griller or something warm and we are good to go baby!


Pro – Canada – believe it or not I miss my bleepy phone…. I am sick of text messages and phones I am not used to.


Pro – UK & Europe- The yogurt and Cheese are unsurpassed by anything else over here! I mean seriously they must have very happy cows to have such lovely dairy!


Pro – Canada- No smoking in restaurants! I hate smelling smoke and breathing smoke while you are trying to eat! Yuck!


Pro – Toronto – Big city but it’s still safe at night and you can breathe the air! I know what a thought but I feel like I have to chew the air while breathing. I love London but I like breathing more!



Well that’s all I can think of for now…. This list may expand later in life or in the comments depending who reads this!!!

6 comments:

Adele said...

Hmmm, well I have to say some very fair comments there. I'd like to add one that you probably haven't had time to appreciate as I'm sure you don't have 5 secs in between everything to watch telly or listen to the radio.

Pro - UK humour. Everyone is funny. TV and radio is hilarious.

Other than that, you're onto it!
xx

(ok let's see if I can actually post this comment, last comment on your blog I failed the word verification test 3 times....is this the Internet Equivalent of an eye test?)

A.J. said...

Well Adele I have to say that while some of it is funny a lot of what I saw looks like b movie quality stuff! So while I like the humour the quality of filming is better in NA.
(Ok I am now going to try and pass the eye test)

Andrew G said...

di agree with everything you've written (especially the cheese, chocolate, and LACK OF HEATING in washrooms)

but the UK DOES produce some seriously beautiful ladies (well, at lease one specific lady...)

... OK, and I must have judged Adele for being inept because I just failed the word verification THREE TIMES

Anonymous said...

how are you feeling aj? puked up that nasty bug yet?

A.J. said...

I forgot to add the crisps are much better in the UK as well! Walkers Sensations ... yummy!

Adele said...

Wow, I'm blushing. It's SO nice of Andrew Gaz to call me a beautiful lady. How sweet.

(I'm sure he wasn't thinking of someone else was he....?)