Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Has anyone seen my brain?

I think I misplaced it months ago but I am not sure where I put it down or I would go and pick it up, dust it off, and start using it again. Strangely enough while it has been missing almost 10 months now (Odd fact: brain loss occurred around the same time as our marriage …hmmm) I have only started to miss it recently. I guess we have been busy enough to not notice it’s absence except with minor irritations like leaving my wallet behind on the 3 week trip to the UK in May and other such pleasant events. This evening however things came to a head……


Picture the scene.. I am heading out to do a photo shoot in Aurora for some new clients that I have never met. Both Alyn and I lost track of time before hand (He was cooking us dinner while I was working in photoshop on some stuff from Saturday’s shoots) and all of a sudden we are leaving 30 minutes later then we needed to to drop by and pick up the new back drop and make it on time! So I call the lady and let her know we are running late due to needing to unexpectedly pick up a new backdrop. We get to Henry’s where all the staff are busy and the guy right in front of me is asking the staff member the same question 12 different ways and getting the same answer and then getting frustrated. (I entered into vision at this point… I had visions of taking his cheap point and shoot digital and shoving in one of his large nostrils while explaining if he wants higher quality then buy a better camera… I won’t bother you with the other imaginations I entered into while waiting but they may have involved knocking him temporarily unconscious with a 5 foot backdrop and then high jumping over the counter to grab the waiting back drop and escape!) In any case I waited my turn and purchased my back drop climbed in the car and we stopped for a bit of gas and then headed south to Aurora. I breathed a sigh of relief realizing I would make the new arranged time of 7:30pm and then it happened! Alyn was checking my battery and asked the fatal question “Ummm Babe where is your Compact Flash Card” (the digital equivalent of film) I replied “Oh crap! I left it at home on the table beside my brain!” or something similar while calling myself all kind of names and turning the car around to return to the Camera shop and buy a CF card that I don’t actually need!!! Then jumping back in the car and driving at mach speeds in torrential rain to the house of the lady I don’t know who I have kept waiting! Horrendous!


However, praise God the pictures turned out well and the family was happy and I was paid and all is well in “Ajile Land”


If you are interested you can see my photography website at www.ajilephotography.com


Oh and if you see my brain anywhere could you tell it it’s wanted at home ASAP! Thanks!

5 comments:

Adele said...

That is most uncharacteristic behaviour...we must search for something to blame it on. My top choices are:
a) global warming
b) ethopian food
c) cabin pressure
d) Alyn
Or perhaps all of the above.

What with the effects of global warming on the outside of you, the ethiopian food inside of you...the atmospheric pressure in the sky squishing in on you..and the heady heights of Alyn's love all around you....it's amazing you're still able to breathe.

(p.s Dave is currently admiring your photos and exclaiming...you should be pleased, he's not normally an exclaimer.)

(oh and while I'm at it...please could we have a report on your birthday. Ta)

Anonymous said...

Yes..what a fantastic idea adele. it could include pictures of the lovely gifts certain friends (me) and others gave you.. and perhaps pictures of you wearing the gifts with matching outfits... as you look so hot in them..

Adele said...

Yes! Yes! What Sarah said...oooh do what sarah said...

Anonymous said...

I concure.
With Adele & Sarah, that is.

DO IT NOW!

:-)

and, is it my imagination or do you have ... about a billion websites? None of which are accessable from the others ... so you just have to KNOW about them individually in order to get to them.

Then again, I lost my brain in 2002 and I know why. I'm pretty sure that's why Sadie's so danged smart.

Charlene said...

GREAT PHOTOS!!! Please put a link to this photo website on your blog, so I can get to it later when I want to tell people to fly you in to PREACH, TEACH, and take Photos, while Alyn makes them a website and does other talented things like video blogs on that MAC of his :)