On Monday night we had an impromptu BBQ for locals. Sort of a bring you own meat, children, and selves and we shall all BBQ together and eat salads of various varieties. At the end of said evening as Laura and Sarah were leaving we posed a question of other ways we could arrange our tiny space. There were some suggestions but we were not sure what would work.
As people were leaving we were thinking we were very tired and planned on going right to bed however….. we now had it in our heads to arrange the furniture differently and so…. we began. One shove of the couch revealed a need for the Dyson to come out and play and then Alyn began stripping off all the covers on the couch to wash them as they were horrible…. Then we began shoving this way and that, back and forth, until well past one in the morning when we quit for the day.
The next day brought more shoving, organizing, and throwing out. We then found some nice bar stools for a third of the price we had seen them previously (thanks Supercentre) so we brought them home and I assembled them while Alyn went to pick up part of his birthday present which arrived in the mail. So please notice when looking at the pictures Alyn’s new shiny surround system! (He has only wanted one since before we got married … I think he held off well!)
So here it is our new and snazzy living room arrangement! Oh and for all you LURKERS out there, there is no time like the present to start leaving comments and stop lurking!!!!

8 comments:
oooh ... that IS nice.
excellent use of space ...
I agree! It looks great. I personally like that Chair from IKEA!!
Love ya-
Charlene
looks amazing!!!
really great!!!...lots of open space for me to set up the air mattress!! ;)
new car....new house (well new arrangement)...WOW...it's like christmas in august! ;)
OOooh for the jaunty angles. I'm ALWAYS trying to sneakily arrange things at jaunty angles.
But Dave is king of right angles!
I am loving your new arrangement...and smiling at the wholly believable scene of you guys starting to re-arrange everything at midnight....heh heh heh!
xxx
I came, I read, I chuckled, i left.
Chief Lurker
i didnt mean to be a lurker haha... but you dont really know me so I didnt leave a comment, i just randomly found your site after hearing you speak in halifax
I should make you some window treatments when you come to see me. heehee
Thanks Guys... we are really happy with it!
Dave: the macs live mostly at the desk (well one of them) and the other usually on the coffee table.
Holly: we would love some window dressings! I want some that block out the sun for when we want to watch a movie during the day!
Post a Comment