Well after a break this past week to make product for all the various conferences that are coming up, and for me to speak at Releasers of Life we are back on the nesting path!
Releasers went really well by the way! Mary-Audrey, Jaunita and the whole gang are such a trip! Seriously they are hysterical and they heckle you from the front row while you are speaking... I loved it! I don't suppose I will ever look at any of them the same way again! Nutters the group of them I tell you... but amazing nutters!
We have managed to purchase or order this past week some of the big items that we need for the arrival of a very cute little baby in May. So we now have the stroller, crib on order, change table waiting to be assembled and crib set (quilt etc.) in the mail! Yep, should be pretty cool looking in the nursery in 6 weeks or so when it all arrives!
In other news... who am I kidding what other news? My world is completely tied up in 2 things... The baby and all things pink (85% of brain used) and getting ready for 3 conferences back to back! (15% of brain or 5% each conference! :-)
Love to you all!
Oh a poll for everyone (Although Boys might not want to weigh in on this one, but who knows?).... To epidural or not to epidural that is the question!
11 comments:
TAKE THE DRUGS! I DON'T EVEN HAVE CHILDREN AND I KNOW ENOUGH TO TAKE THE DRUGS! HEED ME! TAKE THE DRUGS!
Oh arrr, one of them new-fangled epi-durrral thangs. They dun have them in Tawpo. They do give you a plank of wood to chew on tho. An for real emergencies...we have leeches.
I say, if you need one at the time have it. If you don't.. then don't!
I still hold to my theory that your pain threshold is so high you may not actually notice giving birth!
Adele may be right. We're so used to bad cramps that you may not feel to bad. I didn't even know I was in labour until the doctor told me I was 7 cm dilated. The labour pains felt like small twinges.
However, if things escalate toward the end it is too late so as Trae says TAKE THE DRUGS!!!!!
I was about to second Trae when I realized that Adele and Suey are SO RIGHT.
Labour pains feel like bad menstrel (how the heck do you spell that? I've tried, like, 400 times and nothing looks right.) cramps. But bad cramps have NOTHING on you so you should be just fine. Seriously - Adele's right - you may not even notice giving birth. (Keep in mind: if your tummy suddenly feels really squishy and there's a wee, crying child on the bed, you've probably given birth.)
Also? You just might be the only person on the planet I would advise not to have an epidural.
On the other hand I haven't had cramps in months so perhaps I have become a big wimp in the mean time!? Who knows?!
feel silly offering advice...since coming from a non-mother..however..i deal with girls who give birth every day..and majority of them get the epidural..and ones who try without it..end either getting it at the last minute or really REALLY regretting said decision.
so...I don't know the pros and cons..however, why not??
GET THE EPIDURAL!
I did not use an epidural, and went with Nubain instead. It was wonderful! It helped me relax between contractions (I almost fell asleep!) and they gave it to me through the IV. I will use Nubain every time.
hmmm... interesting thoughts here. I guess my take on it is that God created you as a woman to give birth. He designed your body that way, so in theory, if you are having a smooth pregnancy and your labor is progressing without incident, why cheat your body out of its natural ways? Its a pain you can handle. We have put more fear into the situation than is really necessary. Do your own research and make your decision based on that!
dear anon:
so do you have root canals without medication, then? god DID design the body to give birth but he also inspired man to make medicine. GOOD medicine.
(ahem - kind of got me going, there. sorry.)
ha ha ha... i love Shannon
Post a Comment