We have not downloaded the pictures off the camera yet so that is why you are still waiting for the promised Japan Toilet post!
Yesterday we were picked up from our hotel in Nagoya and taken about an hour away to have a youth Rally. Alyn spoke on Healing evangelism and then we taught them how to do it, and prayed for a bunch of people we had words of knowledge for, and they got healed! On our way there a craving surfaced in me and we were forced to go to McDonalds for a big mac! Yum! Yes that makes 2 Big Macs that I have eaten since getting pregnant and I have enjoyed every mouth full!
After the rally they asked us what we would like to eat. We mentioned it would be fun to go to a hibachi place but they had no idea what we were talking about. We explained it and they seemed to brighten up and start nodding and mumbling things in Japanese but where they took us in answer to our description looked much more like Korean BBQ I have to say! By the time we got there we were so tired we almost let our host order for us but thought we would check what kind of meat he had thought to get. I am so glad we did as he was going to order things like Beef tongue, "the best part of the intestine" and other favourites. We nicely steered him towards steak and ribs and then enjoyed our bim bim bob (rice and veggies with sauce.... so yummy!). Other favourites on the menu are mostly to scary to mention but you will be interested to know that when eating obscure animal organs there is a "best part" of the diaphragm, intestine and bladder as well. Presumably there is a worst part! A narrow escape if you ask me!
As our host did eat the "best part of the intestine" there will be pictures added to this post later this evening! be warned!
3 comments:
Intestines and toilets? I can scarcely wait. Seriously.
Hmmm that's a bit worrying.
Anyway, what is it with junk food? I had desperate cravings for Burger King when I was up the duff. Never fancies it since I have to say!
WOK (appropriate abbreviation for word of knowledge, heh heh) stuff sounds very cool!
Sarah arrives tomorrow....woooohooooo!
Hey there! Beware of the Big Macs...my mom ate them when she was pregnant with me...and now I love them. Mac Attack!
I miss you girl...and you are right..it isn't too rough here...but the bugs are still pretty gross.
Love,
Charlene
bim bim bob is a favorite of mine too. they eat it a lot in singapore. wow. best intestine goo? wow. no thank you.
Post a Comment